Receiving education in UK, enables students to earn recognition and respect world over. The reason for the same can be attributed to the fact that the education system in Britain is highly sought after due to the contributions it has made towards leading innovations. Quality education is provided in a modern learning environment, which imbibes in students, skills that are highly sought after by employers. A vast choice of courses are offered to students at affordable costs, enabling them to receive an education from one of the prominent countries in Europe. A prominent reason students decide to study in UK is the shorter course duration. A multicultural society, it is cosmopolitan in nature by being a home to varied cultural groups.
Education Courses in UK- Top Choice for Students
Higher education qualifications
• Foundation Programs: These are tailored for students as a bridge between qualifications and what is required for entry into a degree program. There exists a combination of study period and industry experience, resulting in the course duration to extend to four years.
• Diploma: Colleges and universities in UK offer Diplomas in a variety of subject areas.
• Bachelor’s Degrees: A three year course, it covers almost every imaginable subject area. Student should or will complete 18 years of age to pursue the same.
• Postgraduate Degrees: Postgraduate degrees in UK, are for one year and can be pursued after successful completion of a Bachelor’s degree.
The primary intake period in UK is between September and October. Some universities also provide a January and February intake. A few universities have an April and May intake as well.
• Undergraduate program: Students are required to have good grades in their academics as well as IELTS. Although the scores required in the IELTS differs according to the course, usually a score of 6.0 with a 5.5 minimum in each component is considered desirable.
• Postgraduate program: Along with good grades in the Bachelor’s program, if the student is looking to pursue a Finance or Business program a GMAT score between 600-700 is asked. Along with the same, work experience is also desirable. Similarly, an IELTS score of 6.5 with 6.0 minimum in each component is apt.
Specific entry requirements are dependent on the university and course under consideration.
Courses in UK
• English literature and media
• Medicine & Dentistry
• Nursing and Health
• Philosophy and Theology
• Sciences & Biosciences
• Veterinary studies and Agriculture
• Design courses like Graphic, Animation, Interior, Fashion, VFX
Apart from these, some of the popular courses in UK includes:
• Architecture Building Planning: The course is concerned with designing, developing and planning structures. It taps into the creative and scientific side of the students. The said course enables students to play a determining role in today’s era of development.
• Business Management and Mathematics: At both the undergraduate and postgraduate level of study these courses are extremely popular worldwide. The MBA program is immensely sought after and provides students with career growth opportunities.
• Computer Science: An amalgamation of theory and practical, it looks to provide students with information related to computer, information technology and its applications.
• Creative Arts: Pupils are not only equipped with knowledge from the creative end but also attain information regarding the cultural connotations. World recognized universities are situated in the UK, that provide the said course.
• Engineering: Combines the scientific and mathematical skills, the course ensures that the theoretical knowledge is practically applied. This is possible due to the industry ties universities have. A growing field of study, it looks to equip students with the necessary skills required to thrive in the field of engineering.
• Law: The said course equips students with skills required to thrive in the legal world such as those of research, interpretation and explanation of complex subjects, analytical thinking and practical problem solving, good oral communication, negotiation, teamwork, attention to detail and the ability to draft formal documents.
Universities in UK, are funded by the government resulting in constrained funds being available for bursaries and scholarships. These scholarships are awarded on the basis of performance during the course and merit of the student. Furthermore, the government also has sponsored awards which are extremely competitive and deadline oriented in nature. Therefore applications for the same should be made in advance.